Sony SRS-XB01 Bluetooth Speaker Quick Tip
The Good: The Sony SRS-XB01 is attractively designed mini Bluetooth speaker that is a great option for the people looking for a budgeted and compact piece. It has a speakerphone function and is shower ready.
The Bad: Few speakers in the same range (mini) offers fuller sound with high volume.
The Bottom-line: Sony SRS-XB01 Bluetooth Speaker is a decent pick with great design and satisfactory sound quality as per paid price.
Sony’s mini Bluetooth speakers initiated at $50. But the baby series SRS-XB01 is worth $35. If you are lucky enough it can be acquired at a nominal price of $25.
I have a Sony SRS-XB31 and I am an aficionado of this large Bluetooth speaker. Let’s see the new Sony SRS-XB01 i.e. the miniature version will live up to the expectations or not.
SRS-XB31 is the big brother of SRS-XB01 in contrast to echo. The sound is pleasing but lacks bass. It is apt for small to medium sized room and will thud the room with immense sound but won’t be appropriate for parties and big halls. In a crowded place, it hums better than an iPhone but does not give that revelry vibes. Despite this, it is a handy pick as you can hang them and roam around. However, the sound is not paring than SoundCore Mini 2 but superior to SoundCore Nano.
In medium volume, speakers last till six hours. I really feel that Sony could have employed a bigger battery for extended life so that it could last all day with a single charge. I wonder why they didn’t think about it.
The bass on the speaker is lacking even with the “Extra Bass” verbiage. Although we cannot say that it is entirely missing as it endows a fair sound to the speaker. If you own a Sony larger speaker than you will miss the thump. What else do you wish at this price?
- Micro USB Charging: Any micro USB cable will serve this purpose. You don’t need a special cable for it.
- IPX5 Water Resistant: It is anti-splash speakers but will not rate it as high-end speakers that are completely waterproof.
- Hauling Strap: This is the best feature which allows one to hang speakers to the backpack or wrist while moving around. Don’t worry about the weight it is just 5. 65 oz.
- Controlling Buttons: Adjust volumes, play/pause and skip tracks on the go.
- Speakerphone: You can answer a phone call via small built-in mic. Just tap the play button to answer.
Paying $35 for a tiny speaker is worth it, I guess. If you expect more go for huge speakers that will obviously cost you more. The “Extra Bass” verbiage packaging is a little illusory. Rest the sound quality is adequate and a handy strap is a plus. Battery life can be improvised. Overall a reasonable mini Bluetooth speaker by Sony what do you think?